Engine Knock analyzer can analyze engine knocking in real time.
Engine knock sound can be recorded in “.wav file”.
Waterfall chart, spectrum chart, scope chart.
Automatic knock frequency setting by cylinder bore size.
Band-pass filtered knock monitor sound.
(Headphone output is necessary for PC. Headphone is not included in the EKA system.)
Screenshot of chart.
Waterfall chart display frequency range 100 Hz to 16 kHz.
Analysis procedure of engine knock by EKA system
- Attach the EKA knock sensor to the engine block.
- Connect the knock sensor to the EKA system main unit.
- Connect EKA system to Windows PC with micro USB cable.
- Connect headphones to Windows PC.
- Start the EKA software and band pass filter the knock frequency in the cylinder bore or manually.
- Frequency image analysis is performed while monitoring engine knock sound limited to knock frequency.
- Record the engine sound with EKA software and analyze the knock situation.
- EKA main unit x 1
- Knock sensor x 1
- Knock sensor cable (sensor to RCA) x 1
- 2 way RCA cable (RCA to 3.5mm 3P Jack) x 1
- USB(A) to USB(micro) 1.5m cable x 1
- Software (USB memory) x 1
One “Knock sensor kit” included.
For 2ch measurement, an optional “Knock sensor kit” required.
PC and headphones are not included.
Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ Dual Core, 2.3 GHz or higher.
2GB RAM (minimum)
1280 x 1024with true color (minimum)
Hard Disk or SSD
2 GB for installation
USB 2.0 port
Headphone audio output (When hear knocking sound)
Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8, 10 (32 or 64bit)
Windows XP, Vista (32bit only)also works, but it is not guaranteed because support of Microsoft is finished.
.NET Framework Version 4.0
DO NOT connect Knock sensor RCA connector and 3.5mm Jack directly to Audio amplifier or PC.
Sensor outputs is high voltage, Audio Amplifier or PC break down.